Learning to Flourish helps NHS Excellence in Care kickstart a seven-month…
NHS National Services Scotland
NHS National Services Scotland finds a way to develop leaders during the second national lockdown with Learning to Flourish Leadership Development workshops
"10 out of 10! A new way of approaching my leadership development. Concentrating on strengths is a more positive way to work which highlights weaknesses without lingering on them."
- Alan Connor, International Engagement Manager, NSS
- National Services Scotland (NSS) works at the heart of the Scottish health service, providing strategic support services and expert advice to NHS medical professionals around the country
- Covid 19 greatly increased the stress and demands on NSS leaders, but in-person leadership development services that could help managers face the challenges were suspended during lockdown
- Looking for a way to support leaders, NSS Organisational Development adopted a bespoke Learning to Flourish leadership development programme – Strengths for Leadership – that had been redesigned for online delivery during the pandemic
- The NSS has used Learning to Flourish strengths-focused leadership development since 2015
- Even though delivery had shifted online, leaders on the programme reported renewed energy and readiness to fulfill new demands imposed on the roles
- Following the success, a new NSS centre of excellence NHS Scotland Assure adopts Strengths for Leadership for it’s incoming leadership team who have not worked together previously.