George Watson's College in uses a combination of Team Uplift Workshops,…
High School of Glasgow
The High School of Glasgow students gain leadership skills and a footing on the career ladder with Learning to Flourish’s Spark curriculum for young leaders.
"Thanks to Learning to Flourish for introducing our S6 pupils to unforgettable leadership skills"
– John O'Neill, Rector, The High School of Glasgow
- The High School of Glasgow (HSOG) chooses Learning to Flourish consultants to help prepare senior pupils for life beyond school
- The school’s aim is to create a happy and nurturing community in which each individual is enabled to develop their all-round potential
- The school’s senior leaders wanted to bring in real-world business expertise to help S6 students develop and communicate their leadership capabilities, as set out in the Careers Education Standards
- Rector, John O’Neill had started working with Learning to Flourish in 2014 as a Scottish Council of Independent Schools partner for delivering leadership and coaching based on performance psychology
- Based on this prior relationship HSOG selected Learning to Flourish’s Spark curriculum, which help students identify their own skills, strengths and experiences as leaders and show students how to apply these in the world beyond school
- Learning to Flourish’s experience of developing leaders in global corporations, and high energy, interactive sessions, provided credibility with a tough audience – sceptical S6 pupils.
- Following the sessions S6 students felt more confident and had greater self-insight into their skills as leaders.