Learning to Flourish helps teachers and pupils to navigate change using applied positive psychology. After working with us, teachers and pupils learn to harness their distinctive, authentic and energising personal strengths. Learning to Flourish offers schools complete strengths-based teaching programmes.
"Anyone who gets the chance to work with the amazing Katie Banham should grasp it with both hands! I can’t even begin to express the positive influence her ideas have had on my career development over the last few years."
- Jennifer Cutress, Head of Enrichment, Edinburgh Academy
Navigating change leadership programmes
Performance coaching for middle leaders seeking to drive changes in schools
Schools that want to equip their middle leaders to drive changes and deliver agendas that enhance learning and teaching.
"Discover new areas of leadership and how, through building on strengths, you can become a great leader""
- Experiential 6-part programme of 45-minute twilight group sessions delivered online
- Includes subscription to Spark your Drive online strengths profile tool
- Middle leaders learn how to use leadership signature strengths to deliver change in their schools
Success Beyond School for Pupils
Teacher-delivered workshops that help pupils build leadership qualities, gain resilience to navigate change and succeed in life beyond school.
Teachers and schools that allocate school time to preparing pupils for life beyond school, such as Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education sessions and want structured content based on rigorous performance psychology
"86% of pupils feel better equipped to deal with transition to university"
- 2 x 60-minute training sessions that train teachers to deliver 6 development lessons
- Development lessons show pupils how to use signature strengths to make life decisions and communicate their personal statements
- Includes subscription to Spark your Drive Online tool that identifies signature strengths in individuals
Team Uplift Workshops
Sessions to improve the performance of mid-management and service delivery teams. These sessions enable teams to understand and harness the signature strengths of each member and use these cohesively to drive performance
Teams that want a step-change in performance, feel stuck with current levels of performance or simply need new ideas or reinvigoration
"...really helped raise awareness with individuals and the team…It exceeded my expectations and the impact was very evident."
- Rona Doig, Head of Student Development, University of Edinburgh Business School
- 2 x 90-minute online sessions or half-day in-person workshop
- Includes online Spark your Drive signature strengths profile
- Team members get to know each members signature strengths and how to work effectively together
Performance Tools for Professional Development
Training for managers and senior staff to have effective professional development conversations
Organisations that wish to raise professional review and development conversations beyond box-ticking into meaningful training and upskilling
"My PRD discussion centred around strengths rather than weaknesses, conversation was more focused, it was easier to set purposeful targets"
- Practical 3-part programme of 90-minute group sessions delivered online or in-person
- Includes training in Spark your Drive coaching methodology and subscription to Spark your Drive online tool
- Managers learn how to use signature strengths to focus development conversations on opportunities to outperform
- Staff learn to use signature strengths to inform development planning
George Watson's College
George Watson’s College in uses a combination of Team Uplift Workshops, Performance Tools for Organisational Coaches and Leadership Development Programmes as part of multi-year staff development.
"Katie helped us understand our leadership drives and apply them to new initiatives with skill and courage"
- George Watson’s embarks on multi-year staff development programmes with Learning to Flourish
- Katie builds new leadership expertise every term: Leading Self; Leading Others; Collaborative Leadership
- Leaders support each others’ learning and development with coaching trios
- Positive impact on curriculum, pupil well being and staff confidence and cohesion
The Glasgow Academy
Glasgow Academy pupils learn to use their signature strengths to prepare for life after school and build resilience using a Curriculum for Excellence programme developed with Learning to Flourish
"Katie has sparked a true partnership of learning to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils"
- Matthew Pearce, Deputy Rector, Glasgow Academy,
- Glasgow Academy teacher and coach, Dan Ford, attends a Learning to Flourish Tools for Performance Coaching workshop and was curious about her work with pupils in other schools
- Katie runs Success Beyond School for Pupils training for teachers to enable them to deliver a 6-week personal social education course on strengths-based coaching
- Together with Deputy Rector, Matthew Pearce, they created a practical, easy-to deliver scheme of work linked to the national Curriculum for Excellence
- Pupils develop awareness of their personal strengths and coach each other to use them for charity fundraising activities
- In evaluation, 86% of pupils say they feel better equipped to deal with challenges outside school